President George W. Bush –
· President Bush stopped playing golf in 2003, at the height of the Iraq War. “I think playing golf during a war just sends the wrong signal.” He said years later, “I don’t want some mom whose son may have recently died to see the commander in chief playing golf. I feel I owe it to the families to be in solidarity as best as I can with them.”
· He never headed home to his Texas ranch until after Christmas, instead going to Camp David for a few days. “That way, the hundreds of people revolving around him at all times—White House staff, Secret Service agents, reporters, photographers, all the others—could spend the holiday with their families in and around Washington, D.C.” No one ever reported that—until this column, said Curl in his opinion on March 31, 2013.
· He rarely attended sporting events. His thinking was the same: if he went to a baseball game (right down the street from the White House), his presence would mean hours and hours of extra security for fans. He once stopped off at the Daytona 500 and the metal detectors through which every fan had to pass left thousands outside in line when the flag fell to start the race. He didn’t attend many sporting events after that.
The Obamas – They’re going to enjoy their time in the White House, no matter what the cost and no matter what we think!
· Nonstop vacations during this terrible economic and world crisis. In 2013, the First Family has already had three vacations—that’s one a month even though most Americans will not be able to afford even one vacation this year.
· The Obamas ended 2012 and started 2013 in an $8 million, 6,000 sq.-ft. house in Hawaii (they left way before Dec. 25). “The president played five rounds of golf (breaking 100 rounds as president).” A month into Term 2, Michelle went off with the 2 daughters to Aspen. VP Biden also went to the Colorado slopes. While the girls were gone, Obama went to Florida for a 4-day weekend of golf (with friends and Tiger Woods). He golfed again Easter weekend and then dropped in for an NCAA game in Washington.
· Obama girls went on spring break but the White House put the press on “silence;” they were not to report anything.
For Biden’s part, he spent New Year’s in the Virgin Islands and spent Easter weekend on a golf trip in South Carolina (where rounds of golf cost $353. His 3rd vacation of 2013 came when reports came out that he and his group spent $460,000 for a single night in London and $585,000 for a night in Paris.
All these trips cost millions for Secret Service protections alone. They could skip a few vacations so taxpayers could visit their White House, but it’s obvious Obama and his gang don’t care in the slightest what America is going through and continue to pile the debt onto taxpayers while lying about how they are trying to improve conditions for the middle class. Can you just imagine what the media would have reported if the Obama vacations had been taken by President Bush and his family???
“The Democrats never change their ideas; they change the voters. For decades, Democrats have been working feverishly to create more Democrats by encouraging divorce (another Democratic voter!), illegitimacy (another Democratic voter!) and Third World immigration (another Democratic voter!).” ~ Ann Coulter 1/30/13